Thursday 31 May 2012

My Pet Zombie

4/5

by 

Wesley Barber


Amazon.co.UK
Amazon.com


I was going on a short journey and I wanted something short and sweet to tide me over and I fancied a Zombie story. This was short, tongue-in-cheek, very British but really not bad at all. I don't know what I was expecting, but nothing good that's for sure.

It had a simple process: teenager Luke has a pet zombie kept in a rabbit hutch in his wardrobe, and he creeps out at night killing animals so he can take them back to feed his pet. 

The short isn't for the squeamish or animal lovers, so if offended by cats being stabbed in the neck by a screwdriver don't download!

My Pet Zombie is well written, and it has all the acquired bits: beginning, middle and an end - and what an end! It's a story with a twist, so it wouldn't be fair if I revealed it here.

I "bought" it because it was free, but I wouldn't pay almost £2 for a short-story, so my only criticism on this is that for a short story it's much too expensive.

Blurb: 
A feral blast-beat of a short story, in which a teenager struggles to balance the pressures of having a girlfriend, dealing with over-anxious parents, getting schoolwork done on time and the additional burden of keeping a ravenous undead creature of the night in his closet.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, thank you very much for your favourable review. It is nice to know your books are being read, and even better to know they are being enjoyed.

    Re: pricing: I'm still trying to get the pricing right (not too cheap, so the books/stories seem throw away; not too expensive, so they become prohibitive). If you have any further thoughts (as a fellow author) it would be good to hear them. Nevertheless, thought I'd lower the price after reading your review and hope that this generates more sales.

    Thanks again,

    Wesley

    ReplyDelete

Remember my reviews are my opinion, and I am a VERY fussy reader.